Friday, May 11, 2007

My Music Addiction


Does anyone else feel like that associate people, things, and experiences to songs WAY too much?

Today I hit shuffle on the iPod so I could re-discover some of those songs I haven't listened to in a while. I found myself on an emotional rollercoaster. From sad, then on the happy side, optimistic, then sad again.

Songs about B man are the worst. There are two different kinds. There are songs that just make me miss him. "Our song" came on. That song wasn't one of those sappy love songs that we slow danced to but instead was one of those "Jam out in the car" songs. We lived about an hour apart and spent a lot of time in the car together. I just missed the fun we had in those three lighthearted minutes. It made me happy, but sad that the good side of our relationship didn't last. The other song was the song that came on randomly one other time...it came on the radio when I was driving home from breaking up with him. I had "Breakin' Me" by Jonny Lang on repeat the whole way home. I mean seriously!

The next song that came on brought me back to my roots. LFO's "Summer Girls." I couldn't help but think back to my years in Middle School when boys and boy bands ruled my life. I laughed out loud.

Then on came Sheryl Crow's "Soak Up The Sun." Gotta love life when the hippy singer belts out the words "I'm gonna soak up the sun, I'm gonna tell everyone to lighten up." That's my new car jam...feel good summer songs. *sigh*

Then the country song comes on that makes me think of Summer Guy. He and I still talk almost daily via AIM or facebook. He's So so great....I can't let it go. I've got to meet this guy again.

Needless to say, music makes me think. Sometimes it's annoying, I can't just flip on backround music without listening to every lyric and aligning it with my own life.

No comments: